Results for May 2021
Monthly 35 Yard Hunter Bench Rest Competition - Top 25 scores
May 2021 - PCP
|1||Dave Mellors AirArms EV2||250 x17|
|2||Gill Flatters Air Arms HFT500||250 x16|
|3||Don Shaw RAW TM1000||248 x16|
|4||Russ Harris Ataman M2R||248 x15|
|5||Shaun Walker HFT500||245 x11|
|6||Gary Jardine Anschutz 2002||239 x 8|
|7||Thomas Bristow (Junior) RAW TM1000||237 x12|
|8||Martin Callan FTP900||235 x10|
|9||Martin Copley Redwolf||227 x 6|
|10||Derek Robinson HW100||215 x 3|
May 2021 - Springer
|1||Mick Smith TX200||243 x10|
|2||Gary Jardine Walther LGU||233 x 8|
35 yard Hunter class Competition Specific Rules
- There is no restriction on front rest - bipods and fully adjustable rests/bags may be used to support the front of the rifle.
- No rear rests may be used (this includes gloves and gloved hands)
- The rear of the rifle must not be in contact with the bench/floor.
- The rear of the rifle must be supported in the shooters shoulder, and may also be steadied by the shooters ungloved hand.
- An 'X' is awarded using inward gauging on the 'X' scoring ring (the line is not part of the scoring ring).
- An official Doncaster Airgun Range 35 yard A3 target must be used.
- Targets must be placed at 35 yards, there is no restriction on target height or orientation.
General Competition Rules
- The entry fee is £1 for each target shot.
- All cards must be signed on the back by a range official before being shot.
- There are two categories of entry - PCP and Springer
- 'Springers' include all spring piston/gas ram powered recoiling rifles. (some recoilless designs are excluded)
- Each shooter may enter any number of times, but only the highest score in each category will be recorded.
- There are no restrictions on rifle, calibre or shooting position.
- Targets are scored using 'inward gauging', the lines around each scoring ring are not part of the higher scoring ring.
- When a plug or gauge is used it will be an approved .22 sized scoring gauge (not .22A)
- If there are multiple shots in a target box, the lower scoring shot will be counted.
- Stray shots from other lanes may be excluding from scoring at the discretion of the range official.
- Tied scores will be decided on X-count, then by first 'miss' based on ascending target number.
- Only the official Doncaster Airgun Range A3 targets may be used.
- In the case of any scoring or rules disputes, the Range Officer on duty will make the final decision.
Prizes / Awards
- If the pot is sufficient the maximum winning amount is £25 and the randomly chosen 2 will receive £10.
- If not, the pot will be divided into 3. A third each to PCP & Springer winners and the 2 random cards.
- Any money over the maximum amount will be halved and donated to a small local charity of the winners’ choice.
- The category winners will not be eligible to win a random draw prize.
- A random draw winner can only win a maximum of one random draw prize.
- The competition period will run for a month starting on the 1st and ending on the last day of the month.